Website Inspire Snowsports
Snowboard cross coaching and competitions for adults and juniors
Inspire Snowsports Job Opportunity
Formally GBX – International Snowboard Cross Academy, Inspire Snowsports has re branded and is recruiting two snowboard cross coaches. This is the advert for the lead snowboard cross coach. If applicable please also see our advert for an assistant snowboard cross coach.
Inspire Snowsports offers a snowboard cross coaching and competition program based in Austria (close to Mayrhofen in the Zillertal valley) between the 1st October and the 31st March (6 months). Athletes usually join for 6 months but we do have a handful of athletes who join for shorter periods. October, November and December are predominantly dedicated coaching months (mainly at Hintertux / Pitzstal) and January, February and March are a mixture of coaching and attendance at SBX competitions (Open, FIS and EC) around Europe.
Typically coaching is provided 5 days a week with a break for Christmas.
Lead Snowboard Cross (SBX) Coach
This individual is to deliver the Inspire Snowsports snowboard cross program and will work with the Performance Director in all aspects of delivery including technical coaching and overall program support.
The SBX Coach is expected to be proficient in all coaching methods having previously coached at European Cup level and preferably competed and/or coached at World Cup level. This individual will lead all team training sessions, including off-snow programming. A majority of coaching will take place close to the Zillertal valley and this role will require the coach to transport athletes across Europe in team vehicles when competing at competitions.
The SBX coach will receive support from the assistant SBX coach in all areas of the SBX program. Coaching is expected to be provided on average 5 days a week.
* On snow coaching and implementation of the SBX competition program.
* Implement timely in person athlete reviews with supporting reports for on and off snow development.
* Provide timely and effective communications to the Inspire Snowsports program manager.
* Manage the budget and submit expenses on a monthly basis.
* Ensure the race requirements of the team are effectively addressed – race entries, FIS licenses, injury status, and accommodation at competitions.
* Monitor the health and welfare of the athletes present.
* Establish and maintain clear and efficient communication to key stakeholders including Inspire Snowboarding Staff, National governing body staff, coaches and athlete’s parents (where applicable)
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
· Excellent interpersonal & communications skills (verbal and written)
· Leadership skills and experience necessary to work within the organization and structure requiring a team effort.
· Knowledge of high performance sport, especially snowboarding.
· Accomplished Snowboard cross coach, with a minimum of three years of full time coaching with strong national and international coaching experience.
· Previous coaching experience at European Cup level.
· Minimum coaching qualification equivalent to BASI level 2 or CASI level 2.
· Full manual driving licence.
· Previous personal snowboard cross competition experience is beneficial but not essential.
· Working relationships with European ski & snowboard resorts is beneficial but not essential.
The start date is the 1st October 2020 for 6 months. The successful candidate will be provided with a team vehicle for work use, team debit card, team accommodation and will be responsible for the team budget as agreed with the Inspire Performance Director. All work expenses will be covered (as agreed with the Inspire performance Director). Contractor pay will be reflective of experience and qualifications but a guide is €2200 per month with bonus possibility.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and brief covering letter.
Salary: 2200 Euros per month + bonus
Qualification Required: BASI Level 2
To apply for this job please visit www.inspiresnowsports.com.