Website Inspire Snowsports
Snowboard cross coaching and competitions for adults and juniors
Inspire Snowsports Job Opportunities
Formally GBX – International Snowboard Cross Academy, Inspire Snowsports has re branded and is recruiting two snowboard cross coaches. This is the advert for the assistant snowboard cross coach. If applicable please also see our advert for a lead snowboard cross coach.
Inspire Snowsports offers a snowboard cross coaching and competition program based in Austria (close to Mayrhofen in the Zillertal valley) between the 1st October and the 31st March (6 months). Athletes usually join for 6 months but we do have a handful of athletes who join for shorter periods. October, November and December are predominantly dedicated coaching months (mainly at Hintertux / Pitzstal) and January, February and March are a mixture of coaching and attendance at SBX competitions (Open, FIS and EC) around Europe.
Typically coaching is provided 5 days a week with a break for Christmas.
Assistant Snowboard Cross (SBX) Coach
This individual is to support the Inspire Snowsports lead SBX coach in the delivery of the snowboard cross program.
The assistant SBX Coach is expected to be proficient in all coaching methods and will support the delivery of all team training sessions, including off-snow programming, competitions as well as team welfare and wellbeing.
A majority of coaching will take place close to the Zillertal valley however this role will require the coach to transport athletes across Europe in team vehicles when competing at competitions.
The SBX coach will receive support from the assistant SBX coach in all areas of the SBX program. Coaching is expected to be provided on average 5 days a week.
* On snow coaching and implementation of the competition program.
* Support the timely implementation of in person athlete reviews.
* Provide timely and effective communications where required.
* Manage your personal team budget and submit expenses on a monthly basis.
* Ensure the race requirements of the team are effectively addressed – race entries, FIS licenses, injury status, and accommodation at competitions.
* Monitor the health and welfare of the athletes present.
* Establish and maintain clear and efficient communication to key stakeholders including Inspire Snowboarding Staff, National governing body staff, coaches and athlete’s parents (where applicable)
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
· Excellent interpersonal & communications skills (verbal and written)
· Leadership skills and experience necessary to work within the organization and structure requiring a team effort.
· Knowledge of high performance sport, especially snowboarding
· Accomplished coach with a minimum of one year full time coaching experience.
· Full manual driving licence
· Minimum coaching qualification equivalent to BASI level 2 or CASI level 2.
· Previous personal snowboard cross competition experience is beneficial but not essential.
· Working relationships with European ski & snowboard resorts is beneficial but not essential.
The start date is the 1st October 2020 for 6 months. The successful candidate will be provided with a team vehicle for work use, team debit card and team accommodation. All work expenses will be covered (as agreed with the Inspire performance Director). Contractor pay will be reflective of experience and qualifications but a guide is €1200 per month.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and brief covering letter.
Salary: 1200 Euros per month. As a rough guide
Qualification Required: BASI Level 2
To apply for this job please visit www.inspiresnowsports.com.