UK based Snowsports Coach & UK Schools programme lead
Impulse & BISS Racing are looking for a full time UK based Race Coach and schools lead to join our team working with our regular schools race teams mainly in the UK with several weeks in the Alps and Landgraaf at various events.
The successful candidate will also help drive the business forward across several aspects.
Qualifications required: Minimum (or equivalent) BASI Level 2 teaching, combined with UKCP Level 1 licensed, and a with proven coaching and/or competition experience, ideally working on dry slope, indoor snow and the mountains. We are also looking for a willingness and drive to take further qualifications.
Due to the location of many of our sessions and the varied hours to include some evenings and weekends a car owner/driver would be a necessity initially.
Your principal responsibility is to Coach the Impulse & BISS customers in accordance with our agreed training systems and procedures.
– Ensuring that prior to each training session, you are well prepared: you should know your clients, their backgrounds and whether there are any issues that may have arisen during previous sessions that you should be aware of.
– Where there are opportunities to encourage clients to share their positive experiences with others, whether verbally or through social media, you should endeavour to achieve this.
– Developing and assisting with new ideas and initiatives
– Working with the business owners to devise ways of promoting and marketing the business in keeping with the general mission of Impulse & BISS Racing
– Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
– Ensuring your delivery of the highest standard of customer service at all times
– Ensuring that your professional qualifications are up to date where necessary
For this role, it would be desirable if you have experience of Snowsports/sports development at grassroots level and have a sound knowledge, appreciation and understanding of sport as well as experience of dealing with the education sector, voluntary sport sector and/or local authorities.
You will be a self-starter with energy and enthusiasm together with good administration and organisational skills. Equally you will be an excellent communicator with a passion for the development of snowsports for young people.
You will need to be passionate about and committed to snowsports coaching at a local level.
Candidates must demonstrate both team working skills and the ability to work unsupervised using their own initiative.
Excellent communication, presentation and IT skills will be expected. Applicants must hold a full driving license and be able/willing to work unsocial hours.
This post will be based within reach of Hemel, Welwyn and Aldershot, although other travel will be required (Reimbursement for further venues).
BISS Racing are part of Impulse Racing and are the only UK based schools snowsports training specialists, working hand in hand with the National Schools Snowsports Association, building schools participation in the sport via training and races, including the highly successful National Indoor Schools Series races.
Impulse Racing are the parent of BISS and have been running race camps and training in the UK and the alps for over 10 years.
Both organisations are affiliated to Snowsport England
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com email/call for further information 01279444621
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience
Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
Qualification Required: BASI Level 2
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org