Edinburgh University Snowsports Club
EUSSC - One of the UK's largest snowsports clubs.
Ski Race Coach Vacancy
Edinburgh University Snowsports Club is a member of the University of Edinburgh Sports Union. The club competes in both BUCS and non-BUCS competitions throughout the year. The club is lead by a committee of 13 students, who organise training, trips and social events throughout the year. The club is currently seeking a ski race coach to provide coaching support to our team members at training sessions and in competitions.
Term: September 2019 – May 2020, with potential for extension Schedule: 1 evening session/week, plus competition dates Pay: TBC dependent on experience and qualification
Location: Primarily Edinburgh/Glasgow based
– Develop a structured coaching plan that incorporates both entry-level and performance racing
– Support athletes at weekly training sessions, and during competitions
– Liaise with team captain to plan a programme that covers dryslope, indoor and mountain training as required depending on the upcoming competitions
– Conduct regular video analysis sessions to aid athletes’ understanding and development
– Contribute to creating a positive culture towards development and performance in all sessions
– Possess a minimum of UKCP Level 2 Alpine coach qualification (or equivalent)
– Outdoor/sports first aid qualified
– Experience of conducting video analysis would be highly beneficial
– Experience or knowledge of university snowsports formats would be highly beneficial – Proven interpersonal/communication skills
– Must be approachable, with a can-do attitude!
– Competitive pay, dependent on experience
– Reasonable travel allowance paid
– Membership of UoE’s Coaching and Volunteering Academy, providing access to a range of workshops and CPD funding
– Access to unique benefits with the club’s sponsors
– Coach uniform package
– Access to the University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise facilities on a student membership rate
There is no set closing date for this role, as we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. Please direct applications, with CV and covering letter, to Race@Eussc.com
Should you have any questions about the role, please feel free to contact the James Sime – Race Captain, on the above email in the first instance.
Salary: To Be Negotiated
Qualification Required: BASI Level 3 ISIA
To apply for this job email your details to Race@Eussc.com.