Lake Mountain Alpine Resort is seeking experienced cross country and snowboard instructors for the 2019 winter season, June – September.
Lake Mountain Alpine Resort has an extensive cross-country ski trail network of world class standard. Covering over 30 km of ski trails, a Burton Riglets & LTR snowboard park offering snowboard lessons for 3 to 14-year old’s and terrain park.
We are looking for enthusiastic and qualified instructors to teach both cross-country skiing and snowboarding, assist with all aspects of the snowsports department, develop ski and snowboard programs, work closely with local and regional schools, assist with the planning and running of snowsports events. This is a small but close-knit team that will work to develop your skills during the season.
It is essential to be skilled in both cross-country skiing and snowboarding, training will be given to develop all aspects of your teaching in both skills.
You will be required to undertake other resort duties to meet operational demands and to also ensure that you have enough working hours – this could be guest services, activities or as directed. You will be required to maintain and improve your own skills and assist in developing other instructor skills.
* Snowsports instructor, cross-country & snowboard experience essential.
* Able to teach cross-country skiing & snowboarding, beginners to advanced levels and all ages.
* Level 1 or higher reconsidered instructor qualification, APSI or international instructor licence.
* Have experience within the winter industry teaching individuals, group lessons and schools.
* Must be physically fit, have good time management skills and able manage lesson rosters as directed.
* Enthusiastic to work a flexible roster during the season, weekend work essential.
* Excellent customer service skills and understanding of current skiing and snowboarding techniques.
All applications must be submitted with a covering letter and resume. The covering letter must include the specific position(s) that you are applying for.
Please note that it is a mandatory condition of employment that all employees provide a copy of a current Police & Working With Children check, undergo a drug and alcohol test, prior to employment. Other specific qualifications or experience may be required based upon the position. NOTE: Some exemptions may apply to police checks for VISA holders and will be assessed on an individual basis.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Southern Alpine Resort Management Board is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any enquiries, please email email@example.com
Qualification Required: BASI Level 1
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.