Website Cairngorm Ski Club
Cairngorm Ski Club
Cairngorm Ski Club – Race Coach
Cairngorm Ski Club, Based in Aviemore, Scotland on Cairngorm Mountain, are seeking to recruit a qualified Race Coach for the Season 2019. The Coaches role is primarily for the clubs Core Programme, which is based over a 10 weekend Saturday & Sunday respectively, delivering ski race coaching to the clubs trainees, age from U10-U12 & or through U14 to U16, commencing from late January 2019; there may also be additional working days out with of weekend work that may be available to the candidate through the season up to the Easter holiday period;
Cairngorm Ski Club (CSC) has been providing performance ski coaching to young athletes aged 8-18 since 1974. The club has a history of producing successful racers, coaches and people with a love for the sport of ski racing. Registered as a SCIO (Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation) the club is supported by a board of volunteer trustees and dedicated broader membership base.
The club has an ambitious development plan which the Coach will play a key role in delivering. We train on snow on Cairngorm Mountain (or other Scottish resorts dependant on weather conditions), have an active winter schools programme & offer dry land training when weather dictates. We also run an alpine camp in October each year and are moving towards a year round training programme.
Our home is Cairngorm and we train and compete throughout Scotland and Europe.
Person Profile –
The applicant Coach will be a passionate and creative individual who is enthusiastic about helping the club meet our key objectives of increasing participation in snowsports and offering appropriate performance pathways to enable every trainee to meet their potential. They will be part of a team delivering our ambitious four year development plan and helping to achieve our objectives.
The Coach will be able to work collaboratively with a desire to create environments that promote participation, skill and athletic development in a way that delivers on our values of being inclusive, ambitious, competitive and fun. Strong communication skills are essential as is a degree of flexibility in working hours.
The successful candidate will report to the trustee with delegated responsibility for coaching.
· Assist coaching team to prepare & deliver Alpine Program to athletes, including a schedule of races and on and off snow training.
· Assist with implementing dryland training program, both during the snow programme and storm days during the season, appropriate to the age, skill, and development stage of athletes; which may include use of appropriate dry slopes and other training options.
· On-snow coaching, including setting training environments.
· Ensuring on-snow athlete safety, while working closely with hill management and other club coaches to ensure space is shared and used effectively.
This role offers a good rate of pay for the successful candidate for the Core Programme, which will include Lift Pass as requirement for coaching role; there may also be additional working days out with of weekend work that may be available to the candidate;
Required Qualifications and Experience –
· Minimum BASI Level 2 Alpine Coach, UKCP L2 or other recognised equivalent (and a commitment to progress)
· Valid First Aid Certificate
· Full drivers licence;
· Relevant PVG Certificate will require to be carried out
· Previous experience of coaching within a ski race club environment and attending and coaching during races would be preferred
· Personal ski racing experience is preferred.
Applicants are requested to contact the Coaching Trustee in the first instance – firstname.lastname@example.org with application enquiry;
Salary: Starting @ £90 per day
Qualification Required: BASI Level 2
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.