Website Cairngorm Mountain
Cairngorm Mountain are recruiting now for a GENERAL MANAGER. This is a rare opportunity for an outstanding General Manager to work at this stunning, year round, Scottish resort. The resort is a major tourist hub and provides an uplift system to the top of Cairngorm.
In winter, the Resort is a commercial ski operation. In summer, the Resort serves as a summer tourist destination for walkers and nature lovers. The surrounding area attracts over 1.4 million annual visitors predominantly in summer with the Resort itself attracting over 200,000 annual visitors
The General Manager role is vital for the success of Cairngorm Mountain and will be a role model to all team members. With great enthusiasm the General Manager will inspire and motivate the team to offer fantastic service and standards to our visitors, and run the site efficiently and profitably.
The General Manager role requires outstanding commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management. Amazing planning, organising and influencing skills to encompass all services including leisure activities, retail, food and beverage operations, mechanical equipment and maintenance of every aspect of the location.
The General Manager will take a strategic overview and plan ahead to maximise profits and will also set the example to deliver a safe standard of service and presentation that meets visitor’s needs and expectations from a high end operator.
Company Background and Culture
CairnGorm Mountain is the most popular snowsports destination in Scotland, located within the Cairngorms National Park, and has been offering snowsports for over 50 years.
Cairngorm Mountain can attract over 120,000 skiing and snowboarding visitors in the busy winter period. The Resort offers the only funicular railway in Scotland and is the main transport link to the top of Cairngorm Mountain and is open all year round. The Resort encompasses the UK’s highest Restaurant and the Ptarmigan building boasts impressive views of Britain’s highest mountain plateau. The Resort is an internationally renowned area of scientific interest and contains unique natural habitats and wildlife protected by EU legislation.
There are planned development projects for Cairngorm Mountain which will enhance the resort even further. The General Manager will play a key role in overseeing these developments and liaising with the relevant parties as well as ensuring minimal disruption to the service and standards levels delivered to our visitors.
Role & Responsibilities
Service and Standards
- To ensure all visitors receive amazing customer service across all aspects of the site.
- To ensure all team members are able to provide detailed product knowledge of the resort and local area passing this onto visitors with and their team colleagues alike.
- To ensure all areas meet Cairngorm Mountain brand standards in terms of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
- To participate in the full 2019 budget planning process across all departments
- To review and work within the annual budgets and produce monthly reports with financial commentary.
Address any major budget deficits with Head Office to find the appropriate solution
- Provide a daily commercial summary of the performance of key revenue streams and a weekly report.
- Ensure all department managers are familiar with the targets and constraints of their departmental budgets.
- To monitor the purchase order process in line with cashflows and budgets
Operational & Technical
- To adopt PPM (Planned, Preventative Maintenance) techniques to ensure the longevity of equipment across all aspects of the site-most notably The Funicular and Ski related machinery.
- To gain full knowledge and maintain all operational systems and services including Health & Safety practices.
- Ensure full legal compliance in respect of all aspects of Health & Safety, ensuring any issues are addressed in a timely manner and to specifically include:
- To ensure the Funicular railway and tows are operated within Cableways Safety Management parameters.
To liaise with all departments to ensure the site is open safely to visitors
- Successfully appoint management roles ensuring all new recruits are fully inducted and demonstrate the core values of the business and are deployed in a productive manner.
- To cost effectively manage all technical aspects of the Funicular Railway, Snow sports uplift, infrastructure and vehicles.
- To lead and manage the technical teams including fitters, electricians, vehicle mechanics and general maintenance staff
- To be a custodian of the Visitor Management Plan and ensure that all team members and visitors on site adhere to the relevant legislation.
- Be an ambassador for Cairngorm Mountain at all times, in respect of internal and external customers, maintaining a visible presence across all aspects of the site.
- Understand and monitor the Ranger service to make sure VMP is implemented at all times.
Sales & Marketing
- To be an ambassador of Cairngorm Mountain
- To be involved with the local community and stakeholders as the face of the mountain, attending meetings and events.
- In conjunction with Head Office carry out local marketing initiatives
- To work with each team to drive their sales through varied marketing initiatives.
- To maintain good and clear communication between the site and Head Office.
- To assist Senior Management to increase the efficiency and profitability of the business.
- Ensure the team understand service expectations and constantly drive world class service
- Lead, inspire and champion your team and their talents to all in the business, encouraging on-going development and progression.
- Proven senior management experience, within a multi-million-pound business
- Considerable experience, working in hospitality/leisure/travel or visitor attraction business
- Degree level educated
- Exposure to multiple revenue streams
- Experience of managing a budget and a high level of commercial acumen.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to inspire, motivate and develop team members
- Ability to sell with flair, knowledge and confidence
- Strong organisational skills
- Influencing skills
- Problem solver
- Strong customer focus
- Commercial awareness
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and flexible
- Passionate about the natural environment
- Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- Amazing interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator
- Solutions Orientated
- Friendly, inspiring and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
Salary & Benefits
An outstanding package is available to the successful applicant
Please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your salary expectations.
Salary: An outstanding package is available to the successful applicant
Qualification Required: None
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com