"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
Ski/Snowboard Instructor – Half Term 20/20
Unleash your inner beast! A Winter in the Alps with BigFutz is second to none! We offer a unique ski experience to people of all levels from all over the world, even though groups are at the heart of what we do. We teach anyone, any age and level.
We are looking for vibrant people with bags of enthusiasm who want to be part of something exciting over the half term season and possibly beyond. Experience, accreditation along with attitude and passion are a must!
We are actively seeking dedicated individuals who are absolutely in love with Snowsports and the Alps so get in touch today with your C.V — firstname.lastname@example.org Help us dream big by following yours today.
• Provide guests with a fun, safe, memorable learning experience while exploring appropriate terrain
• Teach skiing and snowboarding to toddlers, children, teenagers and adults at various levels • Conduct lessons according to the standards set out by BSIA/ Industry equivalent.
• Be knowledgeable of timing needed for lifts and teaching terrain so instructors are prompt for check-in and other lessons
• Be knowledgeable of the programs BigFutz offers and carry prices and maps to share with guests
• Ensure students’ equipment is adequate and comfortable • Assist in setting-up and running special events when needed
• Know and adhere to company safety and compliance procedures • Use proper radio etiquette when issued a portable radio
• Other duties as assigned Core Skills • Skilled, passionate skier and/or snowboarder • Honest, friendly, and enthusiastic
• Safety focus in all aspects of performance • Adaptable resourceful, patient and diplomatic.
• Enthusiasm for working with the public
• Easily adapt to change in the workplace
• Must have excellent customer service and communication skills Certifications/Licenses/Training
• BSIA or equivalent Certification • Seasonal Orientation
• All Safety Training related to position, including company-wide safety process and procedures
• Team player essential.
Who are we?
BigFutz Isn’t just your everyday Ski school it’s family, it’s a feeling, it’s a growing community that aims to harness that vitality and passion we all have inside and focus that directly towards mountain sports. Reliable progress, personal goals and making sure every student develops to their full potential is a primary goal for us.
We have big plans to expand the philosophy of sharing learning with anybody who’s willing to take part and expand on knowledge that builds passionate driven individuals. We are currently working on establishing a Youth to Ski program for the 2020/21 season taking children from the U.K & Ireland who may not have access to the mountains and provide them with the opportunity the thrill of snow sports while developing a deep understanding of industry & culture that surrounds it.
What to Expect
You will be working in Switzerland the town of Zermatt the home of the iconic Matterhorn where you will be responsible for taking care of groups with a range of experience from complete novice to experienced skiers/snowboarders. As a BigFutz Ski/Snowboard instructor you will be a fountain of knowledge, a focal point of well-disciplined skill and when it comes to interacting with our clients and providing them with all the techniques, they need to shred up that fresh powder.
You will always be their number one point of call. You’ll be an expert in the service and upkeep of all your ski equipment, with our health and safety standards at the forefront of everything you do. It’s all about building bonds, working together as part of a team and aiming for the top making sure every day you teach on the slopes is your best.
Working confidently with your team and supporting those that work with you while they grow is a rewarding way to take your profession to new levels and a big part of the daily experience here with BigFutz.
What we’re looking for
· Fun people who enjoy snow sports and engaging with others · Passionate Skier/Snowboarder with a good understanding of equipment
· Fully qualified and certified is an absolute must
· Experience gained in the field is always welcome · Responsible and excellent attention to detail
· Focus on health and safety
· Highly driven and passionate
· Able to prioritize and multitask when guiding groups.
· Confident working in a demanding environment What’s in it for you
· A highly competitive pay package
· A unique work environment second to none
· Excellent role progression and opportunities
· Possibility of managing your own team of instructors
· Ski equipment and lift pass·
We’re not just looking for instructors to fill numbers we are looking for people who are wanting to help building something they can continue to contribute towards in the future.
We pride ourselves on always having the best team in resort, the most fun and the hardest working. We encourage our staff to be individuals, working within a team environment we want your personality to shine through and we want you to always be thinking ahead and offering something unique to our guests.
We want your experience and professionalism to blossom and nothing will ever be too much trouble for any of our discerning, well-travelled or high-profile guests.
We are looking very forward to hearing from you.
Salary: Competitive Salary
Qualification Required: BASI Level 2
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.